Friday, June 12, 2009

Kinross Wolaroi School Winter LitFest

Yep, that's where I've been, in the 'City of Colour', Orange.

It's cold in Orange at the moment. I used to think Wagga Wagga, Glen Innes and Armidale had the cold inland cities market cornered, but cripes, I think we have a new contender. On the first morning, as I was reversing my car out of the hotel car space, I felt a bump and heard a squeak. I got out of my car, and this is what I found under my back wheel...

Dead polar critters aside, I had a great time at KWS, as part of their inaugural Winter LitFest, working alongside David Legge, Frances Watts and Charlotte Calder. Lovely kids, generous teachers, friendly and warm library staff. So big congratulations to Amanda Foster, to Nicole and all the other library staff for putting on a great event, and I hope you keep the momentum going. I know it's hard work, but it's so worth it, and the students truly appreciate it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bastard!! Penguins are people too!

I hope he didn't dent your bumper - those suckers can really do some damage. I drove into a rather large flock of them one afternoon in far north Queensland and I can't tell you how.....ah, another time.

Rob Roy said...

I wouldn't be so worried about the penguin (tastes like frozen chicken by the way), but would be more bothered by the Polar Bear stalking said penguin.

Unknown said...

you think your brief stay in orange was hard, i'm a boarder at KWS and it's freezing all the time. i just want to say thanks for coming to our school, you were absolutely brilliant. what's better was that you even got some of the kids who dont appreciate books as much wanting to read yours. now i can finally talk to someone about the genius that is you

james roy said...

Hey Mat, thanks for taking the time to comment, and to what you wrote, let me simply say, "You're very welcome".

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.