Highlights included, but were not limited to:
- Great sessions with kids from over 70 schools from as far away as North Brisbane and the Northern Rivers district of NSW;
- Hanging out with lots of other authors and illustrators (peer time is one of the great benefits of festivals);
- The white chocolate and raspberry muffins;
- Alice Pung's very entertaining and moving address at last night's Festival Dinner;
- Playing tennis with former pro-tennis player and now author Pat Flynn. Yes, I lost. But yes, I did manage to get one or two serves back. I was proud of that;
- Yet-to-be finalised invitations to several exciting festivals and events after a number of program directors caught my sessions.
- The ambient temperature and humidity in the marquees on the oval. I swear I saw an anaconda disappear under the stage at one point. Plus there was that macaw up in the rigging. Some private schools are known for hot-housing their students, but this was just silliness.
- I think that's it.