Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Trainspotting

Yes, I know it's petty, but I get really irritated by people who think that Thomas is a tank. OK, so maybe only a steam nerd like me would know that a tank engine is a real thing, ie a steam loco with self-contained tanks for water and coal, hence having no need for a conventional tender, but still. 'Do you want a Thomas the Tank showbag, Braden?" If by that you mean a mid-blue Belpaire 0-6-0 pannier-tank locomotive with bifurcated Walsy valve and a face on the end of the boiler, then give him his proper name. Otherwise you might be talking about Thomas the large, grey, caterpillar-tracked armoured mobile gun.

Oo, oo, I hear the 3801 coming up Lapstone Hill! Where's my notebook and box brownie - I want to catch it coming out of the tunnel!

No comments: