Thursday, October 18, 2007

Huh? Oh, right.

A little warning to those of us who write for the public. Yesterday the online edition of the Sydney Morning Herald ran a story about a young man who tripped down some stairs at his school and ended up in ICU. The rather ambiguous headline for this story read thus:

BOY CRITICAL AFTER SCHOOL FALL

I half expected the story to go something like this:

A Lewisham boy was very critical today after falling in the playground at his high school. "I just tripped over this bigass crack in the footpath. It hurt heaps, and no one even helped me up. I thought the teachers around here were, like, caring and that, but in the end they just looked at me and went 'You're OK'. It really sucked. It's just crap, man."


Seriously, though, I do wish the real boy all the best for a speedy recovery.

No comments: